Sunday, January 16, 2011

More Illumination

I've been reading more of the book Everything is Illuminated, and as you may have noticed by the time I am posting this, I haven't been able to put it down. I'll admit it was a little confusing at first because I wasn't sure why the story kept seperating into different parts. It started with Alex's biography, as I stated in the last post, and switches between letters to Jonathan from Alex and a story about a Jewish town and its people back in the 1700s. After I realized what was going on, I understood how everything fit together. Now that I can understand the story better it's become way more interesting, as I need to keep reading on to find out the bits of the story I don't quite understand. I really like the way Foer has arranged the story, because it intrigues me to keep reading and keeps me guessing on what vital information I'll learn in each chapter. Speaking of chapters, each chapter is so cleverly named I feel myself saying "ohh I get it now" after I finish each chapter. It hints as to what will happen in each chapter. But the titles don't make sense until after you read the chapter since they use, for lack of a better word, synonyms to tell the reader what event will take place. That's all I've got to say about the book for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment