Tuesday, March 29, 2011

High School Seniors

In a New York Times article, 18 students were interviewed on what they would like to be doing in the next 10 years. I felt like a lot of them had some reasonable choices, setting goals they were confident they could meet and finding jobs they are really interested in. Some of the students, however, came up with some pretty strange ideas. Salome Zamora said he would like to become a marijuana baker. To me, this seems like a pretty strange thing to aspire to, but he said he would like to do it to help people out, like the marijuana would be for medical purposes. So I guess it's kind of ok. Andrea Patterson wants to be an army veterinarian, which I didn't really know existed. Andrew Benedict-Philipp, Kelsi Benton and Shauna Casale all seemed to have really ambitious hopes for their futures, saying they'd like to press a button to make them wealthy, become a designer or become an actress in the future. Andrew's remark was definitely a joke, so it's kinda a given that wont work out for him. Kelsi and Shauna have ambitious dreams, becoming a designer or an actress, and I really don't think either of them will go on to become that. These jobs are somewhat limited, and only the best get in, and I don't think either of them were passionate enough about their choices to pursue them. As for myself, I'd like to go into the medical field. I'm not quite sure what exactly I want to do, but something exciting that I would always learn new things at would be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment