Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Recent Reading

This past quarter, I've found a few good reads, and also learned about my taste in literature. My favorite book by far was Memoirs of Geisha. It taught me a lot about struggles in life and striving to overcome the hardships you were born into. I think I enjoyed this book so much because it was pretty much a woman recalling her life story. I thought it was very interesting, especially because her cultures (she was Japanese) are so much more different than my own. She lived in a different time and place, but somehow we shared similarities in our lives, which I found to be really interesting. On a darker note, though, I realized that although I'm all for fiction, I'm not the biggest fan of stories about witchcraft and magic, like in Ladies of Grace Adieu. I think its kinda weird and creepy. Needless to say, I've never read the Harry Potter books. In this next quarter, I hope to expand my reading even further, especially to newer books. I'm excited to see what else is out there!
Reading totals:
1307 pages of Popular Fiction!
168 pages of Everything is Illuminated
428 pages of Memoirs of a Geisha
35 pages Ladies of Grace Adieu
74 pages of Icy Sparks
602 pages of Gone With the Wind

No comments:

Post a Comment