Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Really Awkward Story

Similar to an awkward facebook experience I read about on the blog MonkeySquirel, I too have had the unfortunately awkward situation of deleting a facebook friend. In my case, however, I was the one who deleted the friend. I met this friend at another friends get together one day and we got along great! We had similar personalities and were friends by association (friends of friends) so I had no problem adding this person as a friend on facebook after I got home. Unfortunately the friendship was short lived...This person alwayssss commented on everything on my wall. statuses, posts, pictures, you name it. I was getting really annoyed with the constant involvement in my life and to add on to the annoyingness (yes, I am aware it is not a word, but I can't find another way to describe the feelings I felt) the person was constantly asking me to hang out! It was sooo obnoxious especially because I angered the person whenever I was unavailable! So I had no choice to defriend the person, and block the person so that I could simply say "I deleted my facebook" and lose almost all cyber connections with this person. It seemed like the easiest solution for both of us. Am I crazy for acting this way??

1 comment:

  1. Funny story. It's a new world, navigating the etiquette of on and off-line life. There's no book that explains it, that's for sure.

    Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete